Saturday, March 19, 2005

spring has past and I think we missed summer

So yesterday, spring came to Indy. It was gorgeous, almost 60 degrees, sun shining, birds chirping. I walked both to and from Horizon House for my internship and it was a great walk, perfect for jeans and a long-sleeve shirt. But this morning it has changed to a nice rainy fall morning. Crisp and wet with some heavy rain has left me wondering, did I miss summer? Anyways this week has gone by quite well actually. Miriam finally returned on Tuesday after attending a funeral in Phily. I helped out answering phones in the Peace House Offices on Thursday in order to earn a little extra cash. Then in the evening I finally made pineapple upside down cake for Miriam and it turned out good, although it did confirm my theory that I don't like cooked or baked pineapple. Friday I went to Horizon House for half a day and the front desk was not as well staffed so it was a little busier than usual. Upon arriving home I discovered David cleaning the rather dirty kitchen and so Samuka and I joined in and vacuumed the rest of the house. There is nothing like a beautiful day to inspire thorough spring cleaning. I also did my laundry which was rather desperately needed. Then in the evening we had a prospective from Earlham visit and so Ruth took her, Samuka and I (Miriam and David were at work and Anna is in Ohio for the weekend) to Bazbos's Pizza which is really the best pizza ever. We had one half pizza with spinach, artichoke hearts, other veggies and ricotta cheese in it and the other half had pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp and olives on it. Then after arriving home a group of around 8 students and a prof from Manchester came. They are attending the peace conference at IUPUI this weekend and needed a place to stay. So all in all we have a full house this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home