Thursday, March 24, 2005

finally she runs

Spurred by my discovery that the larger pants in my closet are fitting snugger I finally motivated myself enough to go on a jog/speed walk. So I dug out my workout clothes and went for a jog along the Monan Trail, which cuts north from 16th St. just east of College. Although this afternoon was sparkling blue and sun, by the time I headed out Indy's clouds had taken back over. Overall the jog was a success it reminded me of the season I ran of cross-country in high school, ie. not very fast, but steady and lots of mantras such as "I love hills", "feel no pain", and "burn that fat". I managed to run for around 3/4 of the time, and speed walk the rest and I kept my heart rate above 180 for much of the time (which considering the speed I was going is a good indication of how much room I have for improvement). So while I am sure I will feel it in the morning, I am currently enjoying the high that these exercise endorphins are giving me. In other news I spent much of last evening sewing Anna's dress. This was both my first time using interfacing and lining, while time consuming I think it is turning out pretty good. I put the zipper in late last night, however it is one of those tricky invisible ones, so I may have to rip it out and put it in again. But other than that I just have to hem it. Once it is done I'll have Anna model it and try to post a picture. It is definitely one of the more difficult pieces I have attempted and also one of the first ones I have done without any advice and/or help from my mum. Today was also a really good internship day. I was at State Museum and I felt really productive. In the morning I worked on some odds and ends with KT and then starting working on my brochure for my portfolio project. For lunch, KT took me out to the cafe in the museum and then we walked over to the Indiana State Library (one thing to note would be that onion rings usually end up being quite sickening after the first few). There we did some microfilm research and I looked up random things of interest. All in all a really good day. Next week KT is on vacation, so while I will be doing my usual hours at Horizon House, I'll be helping out in the Peace House Office. Which is great because they pay 8 dollars an hour! and I can really use the extra money. This weekend, I am hoping to finally get to the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Eitlejorg and then on Saturday evening I'll be heading up to Goshen with Anna to spend Easter with the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home