Friday, May 05, 2006

road trip from heck

Not to totally flip yesterday's post on its head, but today kinda sucked, no actually I mean really sucked. The main reason for this being my life between the hours of 11:30am and oh say 4pm (Chicago Time). During that duration, the following things occurred: -just west of South Bend a piece of the plastic undercover of the bumper came loose right in front of the front right tire of the prism. This resulted in a few scary moments and a delay until Jess in a fit of genius discovered that we could rig the piece back into place by using a key ring to replace the bolt. -after exiting the Indiana toll road, we became majorly confused as too our route and its relation to 90 and 80 and 94, which resulted in a rather large confusing circle and finally getting on 294 around half an hour later -due to construction we sat in traffic at least 3 separate times until we finally got off the turnpike -then a car pulled out in front of me, causing much stress and a mini heart attack So basically I was around an hour late to my meeting at the high school, however this was okay in that it wasn't a real interview after all. And I learned that there are apparently a pretty large number of applicants for this job, so at this point I really don't know my chances of getting it. But it looks like I will have an official interview, in front of a committee mind you, around May 19th. Sigh, so despite this probably being my worst trip to Chicago, it is amazing what a few hours perspective, some tylanol and water, and an amazing Thai meal can do to return to a good outlook on life. In other unrelated news, go check out my first totally original website!

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oooh, I've heard that getting to Chicago is worse than usual with construction on the main routes and also construction on their detours. And a breaking bumper would've scared the bejesus out of me. I'm glad you guys are safe and sound though and were able to get a good meal! I can't wait till y'all are back in Goshen! hee! I said y'all :)

5/06/2006 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home