Wednesday, April 26, 2006

a meme thing

So I like to read blogs and well this one, was doing it and so I thought, hey its 1am and I have to go to class tomorrow, so let's give it a shot. Instructions: * Put your music player on shuffle. * Press forward for each question. * Use the song title as the answer to the question, even if it doesn't make any sense. Out of the 2,500 plus songs on my computer: 1. How am I feeling today? "Love You Madly" by Cake um this kinda works, I mean today was a good although very disorienting day, but not sure what this means. 2. Will I get far in life? "Posters" by Jack Johnson, so maybe this should be my new career? anyone wanna buy my posters? 3. How do my friends see me? "Knowing Me, Knowing You" by ABBA, yay! my friends know me! 4. Where will I get married? "What Can You Tell Me" by Chuck Prophet, perfect that this one would be answered with another question :) 5. What is my best friend? "Blame It On The Tetons" by Modest Mouse, okay no, not getting this one 6. What is the story of my life? "Satan Is My Motor" by Cake, wowsas, this one is good, I mean obviously I have been secretly satanic for years now 7. What was high school like? "Alleluia" by oddly enough my high school choir 8. How can I get ahead in life? "Running To Stand Still" by U2, mmmmm deep man, deep 9. What is the best thing about me? "Dreams" by Cranberries, okay I'll take that, although I don't actually remember my dreams that often 10. What is today going to be like? "Complicato In Israel" by David Hirschfelder, great I love complications! 11. What is in store for this weekend? "The Scarlet Tide" by Alison Krauss, actually I don't think it is that time of the month yet 12. What song describes my parents? "Mi Nino" by Gypsy Kings, um this is in spanish and so I don't know what it means, anyone wanna help me out? 13. To describe my grandparents? "Orange Blossom Special" by Johnny Cash, a rather beautiful image actually 14. How is my life going? "Phone Call" by Yann Tierson, actually I did get a prank phone call recently 15. What song will they play at my funeral? "Martha, My Dear" by the Beatles, actually the name's Abby, Abby, yes short for Abigail, get it right please! 16. How does the world see me? "Absinthe Makes The Heart Grow Fonder" by Jason Webley, um, so does this mean I should go away for a while? 17. Will I have a happy life? "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash, oh great thanks for clearing that one up for me 18. What do my friends really think of me? "Unknown" by Lifehouse, okay well this kinda contradicts number 3 19. Do people secretly lust after me? "By The Mark" by Gillian Welch, yeah not getting much out of this one 20. How can I make myself happy? "Go It Alone" by Beck, you have got to be kidding me 21. What should I do with my life? "Honey, Honey" by ABBA, but wait you just told me that I should be alone, now I am supposed to find a "honey, honey" you are so confusing meme! 22. Will I ever have children? "Asleap On A Sunbeam" by Belle & Sebastian, okay so is that a maybe? 23. What is some good advice for me? "Sail To The Moon (Brush the cobwebs of the sky)" by Radiohead, awesome, I am so in! 24. How will I be remembered? "Remember The Time" by Michael Jackson, okay wait, I was just asking you that? 25. What is my signature dancing song? "Shadowboxer" by Fiona Apple, well a great song, even if it doesn't do well for my kinda dancing * 26. What is my current theme song? "The Ascent of Stan" by Ben Folds, what the heck? 27. What does everyone else think my current theme song is? "Wild World" by Cat Stevens, yeah I would have to agree, not making sense can be kinda wild :) *maybe 25 and 26 were supposed to be switched. Okay enough of that craziness, I am gonna go sleep for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! Very funny, very serendipitous. I think you should have looked at some of the lyrics for even deeper insight. For example, "Satan is my motor" lyrics are:

"I’ve got a mind that can steer me to your house
And a heart that can bring you red flowers
My intentions are good and earnest and true
But under my hood is internal combustion"

And Mi Nino means "my child" or "my boy" which is quite relevant to the parent question. And a google search for lyrics on the song brings up this:

"To Gipsies, the child is the King. Here, a father expresses how his son has fulfilled his life, and also warns the child that the suffering is necessary to become an adult."

This is way better than magic eight ball. I'm going to have to try it sometime...

4/26/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I've been laughing aloud as I read this. Oh Abby :) you are such a mixed bag, and I LOVE it.

4/26/2006 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home