Thursday, April 20, 2006

amazing women's night

I just arrived back from my evening at Katie's mysterious amazing women awards night. With some help from a few bodyguards and papparazi, she invited her close graduating girl friends to her apartment. It was a black tie event, so we all got gussied up, pulling out old prom gowns and senior recital gowns. Then Katie gave her prepared program in which she very eloquently talked about each person, and how they had influenced her life over the past four years. It was beautiful, a little tear inducing, and very meaningful for me considering the ups and downs I have been experiencing this semester. It always helps to realize how much we all impact each others' lives and how really blessed we have been to know each other. Katie's award for me was the "Oracle" award for the way I perceive people and try to give advice. That was a wonderful thing to hear, especially coming from someone I consider to be so wise herself. The whole evening was a beautiful gift from Katie to all of us who have become so close over these past few years. Sigh....feeling so content right now! On a totally random note, apparently a fair number of people who end up randomly at my site get here for searching for "buca de pepa", which is the mispelled name of an italian resturant I went to in Indy with my family. The real name is Buca di Beppo, but apparently there are a lot of people out there who are just as bad at spelling as I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home