Tuesday, June 28, 2005

brief news releases

I had my interview with Bertha and it did indeed rock. However mainly the last half, because during the first half the light switch that controlled the outlet my tape recorder was was off and therefore my tape recorder as well. But it was great connecting with Bertha and we chatted for around half an hour after the interview. She of course wanted to know what was going on in my life and everything like that. In other news Jonathan drove me up to South Bend for my pre-op Lasik exam. I took all sorts of weird little eye tests including one with circles of weird pink light, a tunnel of red lights which I was supposed to look through and not at (very hard to do), and one with a little road and a hot air balloon at the end that kept going in and out of focus. Then I got dilated, which is always a pleasure considering how unbelievably sexy I look in plastic sunglasses stand-ins that slide behind my glasses. But hey if this fixes my vision it will all be worth it. Oh and you know that big E at the top of the eye chart, yeah I can't see it without my glasses. If I had been born in a different part of the world, or a few hundred years ago, my life would have been a dismal squinting mess. Last weekend I went to Central District Conference at Maplewood Mennonite (the home church of the amazing Rebekah Schmell). It was a learning and listening experience for me, but one of the coolest parts was that I got to go with my Mom. It was kinda of like a take your daughter to work day. Anyways, I never quite realized how much of a bureaucracy the church is, but then I also realized that even bureaucracy can do some good in this world. The Theisens are arriving tonight in Goshen. Vic is the director of the London Mennonite Center, so I met their family when I was there last summer for two weeks. The two girls Janelle and Katrina are always fun. It should be a good time. Oh and it is also looking like our family will be going to London for Christmas! Oh happiness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home