Thursday, July 06, 2006

reading blogs

Blogs have really become an interest of mine, during the past few years, bloglines, the omnipresent dooce, have all become places I visit regularly. I read the friends of my blogs, snoop through people's blogs that I like but don't know, I meet new people through their writing and even occasionally update my own. As one can easily tell my posting has become much less regular this summer, with the obvious reasons of work, work, new job stuff, dentistry, apartment hunting and art course to explain it. Yet I think I really want to start trying to post more frequently and post with a little bit more intention. I have never been a good journaler, and this little site will probably be my most thorough record of what these times have been like for me. At the same time, I am not anonymous on this site. Most of my audience of 4.5 people a day is people I know, friends, parents etc. While I like reading the many great blogs out there, there aren't a whole lot of random people reading this, which is probably a good thing and quite fine by me. But still, I obviously can't write down every little thought that pops into my head. So how does one blog about what is important, without leaving out too many of the important readable details that make a post worth reading? In other news life is on the upswing these past few days for me. While part of me really wants August to come, so that I can start the Evanston adventure, part of me is also excited about parts of July. I mean there are some big things coming up, such as the road trip to CO with A & D to visit M & J. Then there is the wedding of Z & E, the family reunion with coincides with triumphal return of C & T. Then I will quickly land in August and hopefully have both an apartment and moving plans waiting for me. As for my own personal state, other than the continued off-handed wish for a romantic relationship with a boy, I am enjoying the moments that I have with my family and friends. With everything going on and all the juggling I feel that I am doing, I don't have a lot of time for contemplation. But I would have to say my contentment level right now is around a solid 7 (high for me), even though there are parts of me that keep feeling like I am just waiting for the next big thing to happen in my life. But right now, plans of pesto making, pirate watching and road tripping are enough to make me think my life is pretty darn cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

How'd your midterm go this morning with Stan-o the man-o at 8am? hehehe, I hope it wasn't too bad...just remember that a D will give you credit :)

7/07/2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home