Sunday, April 17, 2005

making those family memories

I am done with my internships! It is a little bit bittersweet, but overall I was ready to be done. I learned a lot, but it is nice to be facing an emptier final week. However I still have plenty of things to fill it with, including a 12 page paper, creative project, trip to Columbus OH, and an appreciation event to make food for on Monday. So it should be a busy little week. This weekend really rocked because my family visited me! I got to see Tim for the first time in 3 month and be together with everyone in the family. They arrived on Friday evening and we went for a walk downtown. We stopped at the Chocolate Cafe on the circle and had ice cream and fondue from the Chocolate Fountain. I love spending time with my family because I always end up laughing my head off. We are a really goofy bunch as Miriam pointed out to me and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even walking downtown we spent most of the time watching Jonathan attack and climb pretty much any wall, set of stairs or monument that we passed and on the way back all three males in the family had ice spitting contests (although it was revealed that Jonathan cheated for most of the time and actually threw his ice instead of shooting it from his mouth). Then on Saturday we had our traditional baked oatmeal breakfast with mixed berries and then returned downtown and then walked out to the State Museum. We walked around the building looking at the various counties and then went inside when it opened at noon. Even though I had seen most of the exhibits while working there it was fun to explore them with my family. After that we grabbed a light lunch and headed out to the bike rental place next to the canal. Here we rented the "double surrey" which is a bicycle powered little cart, originally designed to fit only 4 adults. Of course we managed to fit 5 of us and the men in the family had a blast terrorizing pedestrians and of course Mom and myself. The rental lasted for an hour so we had plenty of time to race around the canal, find hills to fly down and swerve around curves. After the bicycle adventure we met my Dad's cousin and wife for dinner at Buca de Pepa, a family style Italian restaurant. The food was really yummy including the most rum flavored Tiramisu I have ever had. Then my family dropped me off at the peace house and headed back north to Goshen. Of course we all only remembered later that my purse was still in the trunk and that Jonathan was still wearing my shoes. But it was all worth it to get to spend time with the goofiest family I know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome weekend...it does sound like you had a blast :) hehehe, that little bicycle cart adventure sounds pretty fun. when are you coming back to Goshen? can't wait to see you then! have a great last week!

4/17/2005 03:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home