Saturday, February 04, 2006

brokeback mountain

I just went to see this movie up in South Bend with Crystal, Jess and Becca, and it was a really powerful movie. Heartbreaking and beautiful, very minimalist and yet it had a real feel and grace to each scene. I can't hardly express how amazing Heath Ledger's performance was. But there are probably much better reviews of this movie, else where so I will leave it to them. "Yet "Brokeback Mountain" is ultimately not about sex, ... but about love: love stumbled into, love thwarted, love held sorrowfully in the heart." Stephen Holden, The New York Times The movie was great, but it left me in one of those more melancholy moods, the grey sky today was actually quite perfect for the emotions I've been having recently. I think I am heading into somewhat of a down mood, which is of course weird, because yesterday was a really great day. I think it doesn't help that I am beginning to realize how much work I need to be getting done these days, and how much just isn't happening. Especially the history seminar paper, ugh it will be a very wonderful day when I put that one behind me. I think I am wearing out of college, it doesn't fit me as well as it used to. Although I would have to say my house is one of those exceptions, that still fits well, maybe with some minor adjustments here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home