Monday, November 01, 2004

news from abby's world

While I have been posting pretty regularly, I haven't posted about anything important for quite some time, so here's the deal. I am currently pretty seriously considering participating in Indianapolis Peace House next semester. It is a Plowshares program that gets students from all three colleges (Goshen, Earlham, and Manchester) together to take some peace and justice courses and participate in an internship while living together in a big house in downtown Indy. For quite some time now I have been feeling really antsy in college and have been chaffing at the bit to get it over with (despite how much I have been enjoying my classes this fall). The program would be completed by May term and I can use all my Goshen scholarships towards its cost, which is the same as a semester at Goshen. I also have checked with John D. (my advisor) and he says I should still be able to finish up all my required credits spring of my senior year. I talked to my RD, and he thinks that it would work for Meryl to take over RL until I return for May term. I feel like Indy would be the perfect distance away, not too far, but not too close. In other words you all wouldn't have any excuses not to come visit me:) However another big part is that I haven't had a chance to talk to my parents about this yet, and while I plan on doing that I don't think they will raise any large objections. So this all has me quite excited and a lot more happy at the prospect of next semester and all it will hold. I have yet to actually finish writing up my application, however Dean said there were still spots open, so I think I'll be okay. Also I found out on Sunday that Anna Yoder is participating too, which makes me happy. It will be nice to know at least one person in the house. I am also really excited about that aspect of the program and getting to live in a communal house, which isn't something I have gotten to do yet in college. So there that is the update on my life as of now. As for today its self, it was rainy and blah and harder than ever to get up out of bed. But once I actually got through that torture, the day turned out okay! As a side note, remember to vote tomorrow! speaking of which, I should probably figure out when I am gonna go do that :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Abby - that sounds like a fantastic opportunity, and just what you need! Good luck with your application, and I hope you have a great time in Indy next semester.

11/02/2004 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go for it Abby!

And change your template so that the comments don't just have the time on them, but date as well.

11/08/2004 09:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home