Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Happy Birthday to me!

Wow, today has been really good! Even my midterm for ethics & morality was good or at least as any test can be. Oh and today was the best surprise ever, my parents got me a sewing machine for my birthday! It is solid quality and has lots of different stitch possibilities and should last me for most of my life, if I take care of it. I am getting really excited about fall break, I am gonna be lazy, sleep watch movies, bake things, cook meals, hang out with friends, help my dad be very destructive to the back porch, and of course sew things! It is interesting how one can feel both so old and so young. You know despite all the little things in my life right now that are painful, frustrating, worrisome, I am really happy right now! This morning I was rounding the corner near admissions biking towards umble and I was just struck by the absolute beauty of the campus, the sunshine and the goodness that comes from being alive right now. Why would I ever think I need to have a romantic relationship to feel those things! I am loved and fulfilled in other ways, and maybe some day I will be loved and fulfilled in different ways, but until then why worry and get impatient. (um, yes I am in a good mood, and yes the above paragraphs may not represent complete mindset, but they are how I feel now!) oh and I hope you enjoyed the photos!

2 Comments:

Blogger enginerd said...

Hi ! Just happened to strike your blog. Interesting countdown to your birthday!

Happy Birthday :)

10/05/2004 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I'm so glad that you had such a sunny day, in many different ways :) I pray that you have many more of the same.

10/06/2004 01:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home